Pages

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Imagine


“Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.” John Lennon
















Some of my favourite quotes from the great man.


“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.”


"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."


"There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.”


"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."


 “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."

 
“I can't wake you up. You can wake you up. I can't cure you. You can cure you."


“Once a thing's been done it's been done, so why this nostalgia - I mean for the '60s and '70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past - how's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new, you know? Live your lives now. Know what I mean?"



John Lennon 9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980


Image uploaded by Affendaddy

2 comments:

  1. indeed, wise words...but I believe that I am dreamer here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps in many ways we are all dreamers.

    ReplyDelete